SEIHSI has created a Supplier Code Of Conduct, which is built on the foundation principles of the ETI base code. This base code is designed to be fair and achievable, covering the principles of international law for best practice in rights at work: no child labour, no forced labour, no discrimination, the right to freedom of association and collective bargaining, living wages, working hours are not excessive, communication of employment, health and wellbeing.
We recognise that our strategy will continue to evolve as our business grows and in response to the global environment in which we trade.
At SEIHSI we are committed to producing high quality ethically manufactured products. The following Supplier Code Of Conduct forms a key part of our Global Sourcing Principles and specifies the minimum requirements which we expect our suppliers to meet.
EMPLOYMENT IS FREELY CHOSEN
* There is no forced, bonded* or involuntary prison labour.
* Workers are not required to lodge 'deposits' or their identity papers with their employer and are free to leave their employer after reasonable notice.
*Forced or bonded – All work or service extracted from any person under the menace of any penalty for which said person has not offered him/herself voluntarily. Or for which work is demanded as a means of repayment of debt.
* Wages and benefits paid for a standard working week meet, at a minimum, national legal standards or industry benchmark standards – whichever is higher. In any event, wages should always be enough to meet basic needs, and to provide some discretionary income.
* All workers shall be provided with written and understandable information about their employment conditions in respect to wages before they enter employment, and include particulars of their wages for the pay period concerned each time they are paid.
* Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted. Nor shall any deductions from wages not provided for by national law be permitted without the expressed permission of the worker concerned. All disciplinary measures should be recorded.
NO DISCRIMINATION IS PRACTISED
There is no discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.